Project “Support for Promotion of Sustainable Tourism”,
INTERREG-IPA CBC Bulgaria-Turkey Programme 2014-2020
The specific objective of the project is to increase the cross-border tourism potential by developing common destinations. The duration of the project is 15 months (21.03.2017-20.06.2018).
The project proposal is in line with the Programme overall objective “Strengthening the Bulgaria – Turkey cross-border cooperation capacity in the field of nature protection and sustainable tourism, leading to enhancement of European Territorial cooperation”, Thematic priority No. d: Encouraging tourism and cultural and natural heritage. Project aims at developing of joint destination through promotion of cultural heritage, which is in line with the concept for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. Thus, project activities implementation will contribute to cultural, economic and social development, which are an integral part of the concept for “sustainable development”, which corresponds to the overall objective of the CBC programme.
The leading partner is the Turkish organization – The Association for Promoting Edirne and Tourism of Edirne (ETT-DER). The association is a non-governmental organization in the field of tourism. The Association for Promoting Edirne and Tourism, as an international platform, aims to work towards the introducing Edirne and protecting tourism items. It aims to approach to the standards in accommodation in Tourism industry, food and beverage services, training, seminars and working groups.
The Bulgarian partner is Kladara Foundation – the Burgas regional non-govermental organization with aim to support all-kind development of Burgas and the region, including the tourism. Kladara has big experience with managing international projects.
The project activities are:
- Study of the tourists’ demand and needs of information in the field of tourist services and products.
- Research of good practices and tourist packages in the Cross – border region.
- Focus groups in BG & TR for exchange of best practices between representatives of target group.
- Preparation of visual materials of the cultural heritage.
- Ethno Happening in Bulgaria and Turkey.
- Multi-language platform “Cross-border Heritage Center”.
- Sustainable Tourism fair in Burgas, Bulgaria.
- Promotion and visibility of the project.